Saturday

Wherein I realize I may be getting too old for nightclubs

One of the guidelines of the Best of '09 Challenge is that you can participate or modify at will... If you can't really speak about a "best", you can go with a "worst" for example. I'm going to do that now:

December 5. Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world?

Well, if by "rocked" you mean made me realize that I'm totally over going out, then by all means it was one night out with the girls this summer. The birthday girl wanted to go to a comedy club, and the bar across the street afterwards. Here are some of the highlights of the evening:

- Tequila shots in the parking lot before heading out, easily the best part of the night. It was mostly downhill from there.

- Waiting in line for an hour outside the comedy club because the early show ran over.

- I'm sure you don't want to know this, but the most god-awful stench I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing emanating from the comedy club's restrooms, making the entire upper floor reek. Now think of how long the line can get outside of a ladies' room. I've never seen the line go so quickly.

- The comedian extending the show for us too, a "bad economy special" to thank us all for spending our hard-earned money. The only reason why the night wasn't a total waste.

- Not getting to the bar until an hour before last call, and none of us wanting to get a drink so close to closing time.

- Being sober when surrounded by drunk people totally sucks.

- All the young kids at the bar were weird. I can't believe I consider people in their 20's to be kids now. I only left my 20's behind four years ago!

- Memo to the you, the only cute guy in the place whom I totally ignored after you started to dance with me: Bobbing up & down is not dancing.


I think that about sums it up. I don't remember at which point I realized the bar was lame, but I haven't been back in either a bar or club since then.

P.S. I forgot to mention - you know how girls hate it when someone else wears the same outfit? First time this has happened to me. Picture one of my friends wearing the exact same top as me (in a different color), similar jeans, similar heels, similar jewelry, even similar haircolor because we'd both just dyed it and didn't know the other had too.

No comments:

Post a Comment